Olive Oil and Nut Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts work well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, chopped nuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar or serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!