- 1 (4-5 lb) whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 medium-size potatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and brush it with the olive oil mixture, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Arrange the potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and onions around the chicken. Drizzle the vegetables with any remaining olive oil mixture.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve the chicken with the roasted potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and onions, and enjoy your delicious and healthy family dinner!
This recipe serves 8 persons. Feel free to add any other vegetables of your choice, like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or cauliflower, for a more colorful and varied dish. You can also add some herbs like parsley or basil to garnish the dish and add more flavor.