- 1 pound of pasta (spaghetti or penne work well)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil, for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, garnished with fresh parsley or basil, if desired. Enjoy!