- 8 oz of fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook until tomatoes start to burst.
- Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the skillet and toss to coat pasta with the sauce.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the basil. Toss well.
- Plate the pasta and top with grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust seasoning to your taste and add extra vegetables as desired.