The perfect dish for an early evening summer dinner.
- 1 loaf of crusty bread (such as ciabatta or sourdough)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut bread into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Brush bread slices with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bread is crispy and lightly golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Once bread is done toasting, remove from oven and rub each slice with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the bread slices, and then sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.
Note: You can adjust the recipe to your liking and add more seasoning or vegetables as desired.